The international sales law governs the most important contractual relationship in national and international trade: the relationship between seller and purchaser.
The cross-border sale of goods is not only subject to at least two different law systems or the CISG. The often necessary large array of individual contractual clauses governing payment, insurance, transport, delivery, jurisdiction, compliance, liquidated damages or penalties, liability, warranties etc. raises issues and risks in the environment of international trade.
We counsel our international clients in choosing the best solutions when selling to or purchasing in Germany, complying with the applicable laws and, where necessary, in dealing with conflicts and problems arising from such activities.
In particular we advise our clients on
- the negotiation and drafting of sale and purchase contracts with German partners;
- the drafting of general terms and conditions or sample contracts;
- the use of trade terms such as the Incoterms;
We represent our clients in disputes regarding
- product liability or liability for defects;
- breaches of contract;
- purchase price claims or claims for damages;
- any legal issues related to sale and purchase contracts;
In this regard we provide out-of-court assistance or represent our clients in proceedings before ordinary courts and arbitration courts.