Civil and commercial law is the legal basis for the economic activity of companies and the transaction with private goods.
We have extensive experience in the fields of distribution law, trading transactions, product liability law, sales law, law on contracts for work and services and international aspects of these areas of law.
We advise our clients in this area particularly on
- commercial agency agreements
- distributor agreements
- franchise agreements
- agreements regarding other forms of distribution
- the establishment of contractual relationships with domestic and foreign contractual partners, for example in the drafting of non-disclosure agreements, LoI, MoU, etc.
- the development of sample offers and principles regarding the basic conditions of a sale or purchase
- the development of checklists for the documentation and control of purchased items on dispatch or receipt
- the negotiation and drafting of sales contracts or sample sales contracts,
- issues in connection with the drafting of consignment stock agreements
- loan securities such as L/C, sureties etc.
- the drafting and use of general terms and conditions of sale and purchase, quality agreements, delivery specifications, offers
- the use of trade terms such as Incoterms.
If conflicts arise, we represent our clients in matters of
- product liability or liability for defects
- assertion of purchase price claims or claims for damages
- serious and complex conflicts, e.g. in the assertion of carrier’s and warehouse keeper’s liens or, in connection with insolvency or compliance violations
We advise our private clients particularly in connection with the purchase and sale of valuable assets such as aircraft, yachts, art objects, musical instruments as well as their transport, repair, maintenance, care, etc.